If you were to ask me my favorite holiday decor, my answer would always be the artwork that my kids do! There is just something so special about homemade art that always brings a smile to your face! This is one of my favorite projects yet and it’s of course made with lots of LOVE!
- Canvas (I love this set of flat canvases and the price is good!)
- Acrylic Paints (Pink Parfait, Red Apple, Pink Polish, and Light Pink)
- Cotton Balls or Pom Poms
- Construction Paper Heart Cut out
- Cut out a heart using construction paper. Make sure the heart is smaller than the actual canvas.
- Tape the heart to the middle of the canvas.
- Choose the paints you would like your kids to use and pour them out.
- Attach cotton balls or pom poms to a clothespin. You want to have a few of these available and ready to go! We started with cotton balls but switched to pom poms.
- Let your kids paint all over using the cotton ball and clothespin. They will dab the clothespin in the paint.
- Once the paint dries, remove the heart.
To see a video of the boys in action, click this link.
That ‘s it! It’s super easy and fun. My boys were focused the whole time and were so excited to see the end result. If you decide to make these, make sure to tag my Instagram account @jaimiepriamo . I love to feature people on my page! Is this something that you would try with your kids?